Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The view from the doghouse...

A few days ago Hubby decided it was time to replace the roof vent. He set up the ladder, climbed unto the roof, and began completing the task. Meanwhile, I cooked supper.

About 20 minutes later the wind picked up and it started to rain and snow. The wind was so strong I could hear pebbles beating against the kitchen window.

For a moment I thought about poor Hubs up on the roof, but I figured he was done with the vent by then, and was probably in the shed, so I continued on with supper.

A little while later, the house phone rang. It was Hub's cell phone number.

As I answered I was thinking..." Why is he calling me from the shed?"

ME: Hello?

HIM: Do you see the weather outside?

ME: Yeah I see it! It's gross, and the wind is blowing so hard rocks are beating against the house.

HIM: OH, you heard the rocks did you?

ME: Yahuh!

ME: Hey listen, I have supper on the stove...did you want something?

HIM: ~ sarcastic tone ~ Do I want something? Hmm...let me think!!! The wind blew the ladder down, so I've been stuck up here on the roof for the past half an hour. I nearly fell off twice trying to get my families attention - throwing pebbles at the kitchen window. I am soaking wet, and freezing cold. Do I want something????? I WANT TO GET OFF THE ROOF...THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!!

Oops!

I guess it's a lucky thing he remembered having his cell phone in his pocket. Otherwise he might still be up there.

And even luckier for me, supper that evening was his favorite meal. Otherwise I might still be in the doghouse!

Bad wife, bad, bad wife!!

5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh no, someone should have mounted a rescue party!

Jacqueline said...

Good thing he had his cell with him or he would have had to break the window with a rock!!...But, you probably would have looked for him by the time dinner was on the table!...Happy weekend and Happy Mother's Day too!

S. Etole said...

glad all is well ... have a wonderful week-end

Catherine said...

OMG - LOL! Now that is just too funny! So glad hubby wasn't hurt though. Oh my stars ~ lucky he had his cell phone in his pocket.

Hmmm....I wonder how long it would have taken until you missed him? :)

J said...

HAHAH!!!

"throwing pebbles at the kitchen window"

HA!